Thursday, June 28, 2012

The Farm


Being on the farm was awesome.  Once again, I felt at home with the countryside.  It reminded me of good ol' Vicksburg.  We were able to feed sheep, see beautiful scenery, and we each received a dog whistle to use.  The sheep were distinct in that there were merino sheep.  This is the high-quality wool that lines the inside of some coats.  When it was time to eat, my nose smelled the home cooking.  The inside of the farmhouse was also pretty.  The farmer’s wife (I forget her name, but she was so easy-going).
Anyway, the lunch was to die for.  Sausages, beef (formed into small burger patties), peas, carrots, potatoes, and rolls.  Some of the guys (including myself) cut the rolls in half to put the beef patties in between the bread to make it a burger.  There was tomato sauce (ketchup) that topped it off.  Pavlova was the dessert, which is an excellent English dessert.  It had kiwi garnished on top of it, which made it unique to New Zealand.  It was a fluffy and sugary dessert that did not disappoint!
Thank you Jessica Tandy for your Farm pictures, which helped jog my memory. 

No comments:

Post a Comment